It is seen that most of the illness that a child develops is related to Ear and Nose. Thus they have to suffer from a wide range of problems related to ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) Infections. However, adults can still develop them and it is considered more serious. In adults, a doctor or ENT specialist monitors closely and diagnoses to avoid complications as a result.
Signs and Symptoms of Ear Infection
Here are a few signs and symptoms of an ear infection-
- Discomfort inside the ear and mild pain in the ear
- Hearing loss
- A feeling of pressure inside the ear that persists
- Fussiness in young infants
- Pus-like ear drainage
- Pain and pressure
- Pulling or tugging on the ears
- Failure to startle at loud noises or respond to their name
Signs and Symptoms of Nose Infection
Nose Infection is also known as a sinus infection and it includes several symptoms-
- Pressure or pain in the sinuses, in the ears, and teeth
- Post-nasal drip, which can cause bad breath, coughing, nausea.
- A cold that lasts over 7 days with fever
- occasionally facial swelling.
Signs and Symptoms of Throat infection
Sore Throat Infections are generally caused by Colds, the flu, bacterial allergies, smoke, and other chemical infections. There are several symptoms of Throat Infections-
- Runny nose
- Cough & Fever
- Hoarse voice
- Body aches
Dr. Manoj Gupta is the best ENT doctor in Varanasi.